Mp3 Reviews

Indepth song reviews. One song at a time.

Try Netflix For Free.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Frank Zappa - Sofa #2

Frank Zappa's "Sofa #2" closes out his 1975 album "One Size Fits All"

Like much of Zappa's work this track is an interesting combination of musical beauty mixed with a healthy dose of absurdity. Which may be even more beautiful.

The lyrics go back and forth between english and what I believe to be German.

here are the lyrics in full in english :

I am the heaven
I am the water
I am the dirt beneath your rollers
I am your secret smut & lost metal money
Down your cracks

I am your cracks & crannies

I am the clouds
I am embroidered
A am the author of all tucks & damask piping
I am the chrome dinette
I am the chrome dinette
I am the eggs of all persuasion
I am all days & nights
I am all days & nights
I am all days & nights
I am all days & nights
I am here
And you are my sofa
I am here
And you are my sofa
I am here

This song has a very deep synthesized sounding bass which really
kicks my pants in. The keys are gorgeous. Really this is one
of the most beautiful songs I've heard. For anyone who thinks
of Zappa as a novelty act and unfortunatly I think that is well
too many people. Listen to this track or perhaps better as an
introduction "Sofa #1" which is the instrumental version of
this song and also on the album.

If you enjoy beautiful music with a bit a nice twist of
absurdity thrown in I definitly recommend Frank Zappa's
"Sofa #2"

8/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Salvia Divinorum Incense from. www.herbal-smoke-shop.com click here!