Mp3 Reviews

Indepth song reviews. One song at a time.

Try Netflix For Free.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Oasis - "Songbird"

"Songbird" written and sang by Liam Gallagher is track #5 on 2002's Heathen Chemistry.

One of three tracks on the album written by Liam in a change from Oasis' previous efforts which were all written by Liam's brother Noel Gallagher except for Liam's "Little James" which was included on 2000's Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants.

"Songbird" is perhaps my favorite track on an otherwise underwhelming album. In my opinion definitly Oasis' worst album. But "Songbird" has a beautiful mood and simplicity which cuts through the muck (and perhaps even the mire.)

Featuring handclaps and bright keys and acoustic guitars. The song is warm in a way that I find to be rather rare, especially in modern music.

This song clocks in at a length of 2:07. It doesn't go off anywhere too much although it has a couple of very nice instrumental sections featuring sweet piano riffs.

The lyrics are as follows:

Talking to the songbird yesterday
Flew me to a past not far away
She’s a little pirate in my mind
Singing songs of love to pass the time

Gonna write a song so she can see
Give her all the love she gives to me
Talk of better days that have yet to come
Never felt this love from anyone

She’s not anyone

A man can never dream these kinds of things
Especially when she came and spread her wings
Whispered in my ear the things I’d like
Then she flew away into the night

Gonna write a song so she can see
Give her all the love she gives to me
Talk of better days that have yet to come
Never felt this love from anyone

I definitly recommend downloading & checking this song out, even if you are not a fan of Oasis otherwise. It's a very pretty song & shall warm even the coldest of hearts.

8/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Salvia Divinorum Incense from. www.herbal-smoke-shop.com click here!