Mp3 Reviews

Indepth song reviews. One song at a time.

Try Netflix For Free.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Pumpkin Buzzard - "Caring Gun"

This is one song from an album that was apparently recorded in a day. Obviously this is going to cause some sparseness to the recording - while this can be a positive thing with straight ahead rock or acoustic type tracks I'm not sure it's a positive with something like this (more electronic in nature) This song features the bass as lead instrument in front of some somewhat awkward sounding drum machine work. At 1:15ish things change a bit when guitar comes in. Then some sort of rapping type vocals come in. It's pretty funky during this time. I like the bass and the heavy piano chords.

Reminds me of early Ween.

Overall the song has some cool elements but it seems to be a bit lacking in fleshing out and I don't think I'm saying this just because I know of the rush job on the recording. It just feels like there could be more to it and that it could be a bit tighter.

Decent. 5/10

You can download this song and hear for yourself HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Salvia Divinorum Incense from. www.herbal-smoke-shop.com click here!