Mp3 Reviews

Indepth song reviews. One song at a time.

Try Netflix For Free.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Wilco - "Ashes Of American Flags"

One of my favorite tracks on one of my favorite albums of this century - Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

"All my lies were only wishes, I know I would die if I could come back new."

The song subtly shifts textures - at times nothing but some strange warbling sounds and the vocals - at other times sturdy acoustic guitar strumming. Always the mood feels just right for the words & melody it is supporting.

Some electric guitar riffs that sound like they are coming from across the sea. Some radios going in out of tune across the street. Beautiful sonic textures surrounding a beautiful song.

The song eventually melts into complete chaos before going into the next track.

If you haven't heard Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - then get to it. My favorite Wilco album and I believe to be one of the essential albums of this decade so far.

9/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Salvia Divinorum Incense from. www.herbal-smoke-shop.com click here!