Mp3 Reviews

Indepth song reviews. One song at a time.

Try Netflix For Free.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Akron/Family

New band I'm listening to called Akron/Family. I'm listening to their self titled debut album right now. Sort of lo-fi but in that Olivia Tremor Control way where they are trying to do a lot with it as far the sonic space. Lots of interesting little sounds and some quite insane things happen. Very psychedelic and spacy music while still being sort of down home at the same time. Nice mix. Akron/Family seems to sound like what I was _hoping_ Animal Collective would sound like from all of the talk about them before I listened. Animal Collective has been a bit of a dissapointment for me (although I havent given up on getting into them.) they seem to want to push the listener away with their annoyance. Akron/Family wants to take you into their place - a very strange and wonderous place. That I can get into. Unfortunatly I am almost out of marijuana.



this album is looking to gain itself a position in my top 10 of the year and i'm pretty sure it will even though this only my second time listening to it. it's got some really great stuff going on in it and a few really memorable tracks already.

one of these is track #5 - "i'll be on the water" - which is a really sweet little song. it includes some really nice ambient sounds. and it goes into some cool places in a quite tight way. i'm going to make this one downloadable. (this will only be up for 7 days.)

I'm quite sure this won't be my last post about these fellers. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Salvia Divinorum Incense from. www.herbal-smoke-shop.com click here!